Sunday, August 16, 2009

soon.

very soon it will be my birthday.

every year i try and create a beautiful hand made invitation that i can post out to my friends, a nice surprise in their letter box. i would never ever, email, text or send a invitation through facebook! though these seem to be the mediums of choice these days.... too impersonal for me.

normally my invitations are created using various fabrics, pictures, coloured papers etc... all sewn together onto a card & this year will be no different, its fast becoming a signature. for this years birthday, i did find a lovely picture of a birthday cake in a magazine a few months ago, i tore it out and put it in a safe place & now i cant find it... so i have decided on this image....


i found "my party" in a magazine and the colour has worked perfectly with 'Exotic Birds' image from Florence Broadhurst. i still need to add some fabric & contrasting paper but im happy with it so far..

No comments:

Post a Comment